Joanie Connell’s article appears in Lifestyle Business Magazine!
The Millennial generation is profoundly influencing our society in many ways that may impact your business a great deal. According to a recent Pew Research study, Millennials are currently the largest generation in the workplace in the United States. They outnumber both Generation X and Baby Boomer workers. By the year 2020, they will have more than 50 percent of all jobs.
The BizWiz podcast is a short, 15 minute interview on a targeted business issue. In this episode, Doug Sandler interviews Joanie Connell on Millennials at work.
Questions you’ll get answers to:
- How are Millennials changing the way people do business?
- Why is there so much friction between the older and younger generations?
- What are some of the myths or stereotypes about Millennials that need to be debunked?
- As business leaders and entrepreneurs, what trends do we need to pay attention to that aren’t just passing fads?
- What does it take to be a successful leader in a Millennial world?
- Why are Millennials facing midlife issues so young? How is it affecting their careers?
- Millennials aren’t kids anymore. Many are in their 30s and some are approaching 40. What kinds of challenges are they facing as they approach midlife?
Joanie Connell hosts a Women Lead Radio interview with Natasha Kozaily, owner of Kalabash School of Music + the Arts. Not only does Natasha own the music and arts school, she also sings in a band and raises money for the International Rescue Committee, among other things.
Joanie asks Natasha about how she brings creativity to entrepreneurship. She says to her employees and students, “this is a place to dream.” Listen here.
Joanie Connell hosts a Women Lead Radio interview with Kelly Poelker, author of Virtual Assistant – The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought After VA. She also runs her own Virtual Assistant company called Another 8 Hours.
Joanie asks Kelly about running a virtual assistant business and having work-life balance. She says, “I don’t have to interrupt your day.” Listen here.
Joanie Connell hosts a Women Lead Radio interview with Tamar Elkeles, Chief Talent Executive at Atlantic Bridge Capital. She’s also been the Chief People Officer for a Silicon Valley start-up and was the Chief Learning Officer at Qualcomm before that.
Joanie asks Tamar to share her wisdom from her years of experience teaching and developing executives. “Life is in beta,” she says. “Launch and learn.” Listen here.
Joanie Connell hosts a Women Lead Radio interview with Jessica Hubley and Laura Hackney, co-founders of AnnieCannons. Jessica and Laura are two unique women who have done something wonderful. They have founded a non-profit organization to teach survivors of human trafficking valuable tech skills and give them opportunities to embark on careers in technology. Who are these amazing women and how did they realize such an admirable purpose? Listen here.