You’re invited to this page because you are a well-respected leader in technology, human resources, or organizational consulting and because you are interested in helping technical people become better leaders. As the author of an upcoming book on the subject, I’d love to get your insights and suggestions on how to accomplish such an important mission.
A little about me…
I have a doctorate in psychology from UC Berkeley and a bachelor’s in engineering from Harvard. I’ve been an organizational consultant for over 20 years after working as an electrical engineer in Silicon Valley for 8 years. I created my company, Flexible Work Solutions, Inc., in 2005 to help companies assess and develop leadership skills, and my passion is working with technical leaders. You may have heard of my podcast called Reinventing Nerds. I’m currently writing a book to be published by the American Psychological Association (APA) in 2021 called Consulting to Technical Leaders: Transforming Technical Experts to Managers and Leaders.
How you can help…
As a part of the research for the book, I am interviewing technical leaders, consultants, and human resources leaders to better to understand the challenges that technical people face when becoming managers. Because you’re a leader in the field of [ ], your insights would be extremely valuable.
- If you’re able to spare 30 minutes for a telephone interview, I would be extremely grateful. I am offering to match 30 minutes of your time with 30 minutes of my time to consult on any leadership question you may have, including Working from Home. Please use this link to easily schedule a time that is convenient for you or simply reply to this message.
- If not, I’m also grateful for referrals to other leaders you know who might want to participate. Please use this form to easily submit your referral, or if you prefer, forward this email to your contact as a personal introduction and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, I have a 10-minute survey you could fill out which covers some of the same things in less time. Click here to access the survey.
I am grateful for your time and support and as a show of my appreciation, in addition to offering free consulting, I am offering raffle prizes:
Each completed interview, referral, and survey gives you one raffle entry for the following five prizes…
- One $100 Amazon gift card
- Four $25 Amazon gift cards
This is my way of saying I recognize how valuable your time is and I appreciate you sharing it with me.